14 December, 2011

There is somewhere an abode...!

There is somewhere an abode,
In my dreams, forlorn….
I visit it every day,
And ponder in utter dismay.

When did I go there last?
Is it actually a thing of the past?
I knew I had built it
First with faith and adjustment,
And later with love and commitment

It was meant to be a dwelling for two,
Precisely speaking; for “me” and “you”.
But, alas it is today a causality,
Its still in dreams divorced from reality.

I did not have the courage, to take its stand
That is what, I was made to understand
The “me” and “you” are still separated
There are only confrontations, which leave them infuriated

Steadily I’m scared of this mirage,
And now view the dream as only a cage.
I define the craving for it, as a worldly desire,
And console myself to austerity admire,

Still, the nights lengthen when I remember my habitat
And the heart yearns hearing the bird’s chit chat
Why do I still paint it with new colours and designs?
I know its one thing to which my soul has not resigned

The world may say I lack courage and capability,
But then that’s not a sure disability.
If “me” goes ahead with commitment pure,
“You” is bound to give her the score.

They will sure merge in a pleasure dome,
And that will be my dream home,
It may be a forlorn dream. but the hope is not dead,
Joining the “me” and you, it’s just another thread…..

Shweta

1 comment:

  1. The poetry seems to have an universal appeal

    'The world may say I lack courage and capability,
    But then that’s not a sure disability.
    If “me” goes ahead with commitment pure,
    “You” is bound to give her the score.'

    ...This faith that "you" is bound to give the score takes us to the shore!
    No sensitive soul can deny being attached to the content of the poem which talks about much higher things than it may apparently seem!!!

    Welcome, This will be an abode of your expressions that you are *struggling to express*!!!!
    best wishes, dear!

    ReplyDelete