15 December, 2011

I Love The Rains...!

I loved the rains, I adored the spring,
I dote on birds that hop and sing,
I am scared by the thunder, awed by the sea
In every form you mesmerize me.

Oft I wondered about the spell you could put,
Before I deciphered the clandestine truth,
How could I ever, my shadow forgo,
There’s no denying, I am your alter ego.

I have in me the wind and sea,
The sky above and the earth beneath,
My vigor I owe to your fire and heat,
There is no doubt, you are in me.

A ray of hope is your flower in bloom,
Your moonless night, my heart full of gloom,
My joyous moments are nightingale’s serenade,
Rainbow manifests desires, which my life pervade.

Adversity, failure, sufferings and pain,
That’s your tyrant summer with no respite,
The quiver of separation, the longing for love,
Leave me cold like the winter night.

The thrill of success, the bliss of reunion,
Overwhelms like the monsoon rains,
The rise from despair, the shedding of dejection,
Has the renaissance of autumn, in it ingrained.

When a new beginning shows, when a new dream toes
It’s the spring on its way, only then I know
Its novelty delights, its exuberance enthralls
And then like the wind I blow and blow

I roar like the sea, I change like the moon
I’m fickle like tides, I rise like the night
I sing like birds, I dance like trees
Yes I’m in you and you are in me

I always loved you for I love myself,
You always mesmerize as I can’t fathom my depth,
From you was I borne and in you I abound,
In you will I merge, when death surrounds.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Anupama Ji it's an excellent poetry by Shweta Singh. Every word is full of optimism and romance for life. It has the love of a kid and bonding of a grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mesmerised ..
    Please continue to do so Shweta ..
    All the best & Regards ..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. मंगलवार 15/10/2013 को आपकी पोस्ट का लिंक होगा http://nayi-purani-halchal.blogspot.in पर
    आप भी एक नज़र देखें
    धन्यवाद .... आभार ....

    ReplyDelete